Thursday, June 26, 2008

Horses and Marshmallows

Today we had our second horseback riding lesson of the trip. I rode Hershey and Ruth rode Ozzy. Now Ruth and I can canter, or lope. In case you don't know, cantering is one step faster than trotting. it is really fun because It is fast and the horse's front legs move together and their back legs move together so it's not as bumpy as trotting. Last time I rode Chester and he ate to much so now I'm riding Hershey. Ozzy ate a lot and ran into trees today so next time Ruth's going to ride Dillon. After dinner Ruth an I roasted some s'mores at Barney's house. I like to roast a marshmallow with the section of chocolate stuck inside of it so the chocolate gets really melted and drippy, but the marshmallow usually droops off. this time I stuck a section of chocolate inside two marshmallows and roasted them at the same time. The marshmallows melted together and closed up on the ends so that it looked like one big marshmallow. When I took the marshmallow-roasting thingy out of the marshmallow the chocolate came out and dripped all over the place. It was a very messy s'more.

No comments: