Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Alpine Slide

Today we went to Purgatory Ski Run and, of course, in the summer it's a bike run, but there's also lots of other things to do; like the alpine slide, the bungee jump, the climbing wall, the put-put golf course, and the marmots. The marmots aren't technically an activity; they're little cute animals that look like this:

The alpine slide was my favorite activity. You ride the chair lift up half a mile, you get a sled, and you ride down. The design of the sled is interesting. It has a brake lever that when you push forward lowers the wheels and makes the sled go faster and vice versa. I got a rope burn on my second or third time down because I didn't have both hands on the lever. That was the only time Ruth got to the bottom before me. We think that was because I am heavier. The bungee jump was my second favorite,and almost my favorite. You wear a harness attached to two cords that are hooked on to two poles. You can get really high if you ask. The put-put golf course was kinda fun, especially the levels with tunnels. All in all, a trip to Purgatory in the summer is almost as fun as it is in the winter.

No comments: