Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Beach Day

Today we had beach day. It was VERY fun. I boogie boarded almost all the time. There were really good waves. Some of the waves got really tall like a cliff before they come crashing down. Once I made the mistake of trying to catch one that big, and I ended up catching it underwater while I was still holding on to the boogie board. It actually was a pretty good wave. When I wasn't riding the waves, I was digging a big hole and building a wall around it or making sand castles. Ruth started out catching waves, but then she switched to soccer. That was my favorite day at school ever.

3 comments:

Craig said...

I am jealous. Really big waves and good weather never happen at the same time on the Lake Michigan beaches.
-Uncle C

Andy said...

I didn't even know you had waves on Lake Michigan!

Craig said...

Here is a page with some facts about our lake:
http://www.watershedcouncil.org/lakemichigan.html
Lake Michigan
Do we have waves? Quoting from today's
weather.noaa.gov forecast:
"242 AM CDT SUN JUN 22 2008
.TODAY...WEST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS LIKELY. WAVES 1 FOOT OR LESS. "
I guess it depends on what you call a wave.