Thursday, May 22, 2008

Field Museum and Malinium park

Today we went to the field museum and visited the mammals, the DNA exhibit, the Arctic exploring photos, the nature walk, the eating place, and the Gorge Washington Caver exhibit. Mr.Caver did a a lot of experiments on peanuts. He prayed to god that he could know everything. God said that was too much for him, so he asked if he could know everything about peanuts. Boy, did God answer that prayer. He figured out how to make gasoline out of peanuts, starch out of peanuts, laxative out of peanuts, oil out of peanuts, soap out of peanuts, and so much more that I can't remember the rest.
We also went to Millennium park. It has a really interesting metal bean that your reflection looks really interesting in.

When you're under the bean you can look up and see a map of everything that is under the bean.

Ruth and I like to look up all the time and play tag under the bean. It is difficult because since it is a mirror image every time you turn clockwise it looks like you are turning counter clockwise. I can't wait to go to the lake on Sunday.

2 comments:

Craig said...

I heard a story about your game of tag under the Bean, involving a case of mistaken identity. That would be a funny story to tell!

Uncle Craig

Andy said...

Once Ruth and I were playing bean tag and I was it. I thought that I saw someone that looked like Ruth, so I sneaked up behind her and said "RAAH". It turned out to be a total stranger.