Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Quiet Christmasy Day

Well to day I got up and had spiced pecan oatmeal, ran around outside checking for heavy equipment going, and was just about to go in when I saw this big white thing that was towering above the trees shift. Of course, being the crazy heavy equipment watching maniac in my family, I had to investigate. I think that I couldn't have run any faster then I did just then, but it was worth panting like a Great Dane getting to the sight that met my eyes then. The huge white vehicle was an enormous driller machine, with a blade thicker than dad's body. It would drill down into the ground, and when it pulled it's oversized drill bit out of the ground it would be filled up with bits of dirt and ground up rock. They would then run it backwards and all the dirt and stuff would come off in a whirlwind and pile up on the ground next to the hole. Once the hole was deep enough, the driving guy drove the driller out of the way. It is so cool to watch those humongous tracks going! When the Drill thingy had finished parking, a big ol' crane came in and lowered a huge metal pole into the hole the drill thingy had just finished making. Then they took it away and brought in a cement truck. Those guys sure don't waste any time! I wached them pouring the cement in the gaps bettween the pole and the sides of the hole for a while, and then whent back home. I played with the electric train for a while, and had a pretty quiet rest of my day, but all in all, I think my title is kind of false.

No comments: