Monday, December 8, 2008

Paper Vehicles (Contenued)

So, as I said in my last entry, I have recently started making small toy vehicles and pretending they're alive, giving them names, and playing pretending games with them. I got started on this idea last Saturday (not the day before yesterday, the Saturday before that.) at the Art From Scrap workshop.
Art From Scrap is this store that sells little pieces of junk that could be used for art. Every Saturday there is a "Workshop" that is at Art From Scrap, where you can go into this room and there are little bits of scrap that you can make art out of, and tape and glue guns and things.
When we went there last Saturday, I made a tank out of a strawberry container, toilet paper tubes, and caps for small containers. I covered it in green tape to make it look more camouflaged. I gave this "Paper Vehicle" the name Tanky Green, but Ruth and I like to just call him "Tanky", or "Tanky G." for short.
When I was at Art From Scrap's workshop I also made a little spaceship that was very small compared to the rest of my "Paper Vehicles". I didn't know what most of the materials I used were, but some of them were marker caps, tubes, and a cork. This one, I think, is my favorite, but I'm not sure why. I named it Vroomy.
I made more, and I'll continue to tell you about them later, I have to eat breakfast.

No comments: