Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Day at the Beach

OK, maybe not a day, but about three and a half hours, or something like that. It was grand!! Ruth and I didn't catch any good waves for the first hour or so, therefore our sandcastle spirits were aroused. I played a game where I would make a sandcastle really close to the water, and then I would make it bigger and bigger until the tide came in and start washing it away. then I would make a long, thin stretch of sandcastle that would provide an evacuation route for the sandcastle people who lived in my sandcastle. After I completed my evacuation route I would start making a sand castle connected to it that would be bigger than the sandcastle that was, at that moment, getting washed away by the waves. I actually ended up doing that sequence all over again when the tide rose some more. After about 2 hours had past since we arrived at the beach, and a double tornado/meteor shower had destroyed Sandcastle III, Ruth and I caught some waves. the water wasn't actually that cold. (With wet suits on, of course.)

No comments: