Sunday, January 18, 2009

Beeeeach!!!

We just got back from the beach and had a whoopin' good time! Sorry I haven't posted for a while, there's been so many fun things to do. Ruth and I got some really good waves, and some really good dunks. One of the most interesting dunks for me was when we were on the top of this really big wave, sort of looking over the edge of of a cliff. I freaked out and pulled back just in time, but Ruth shot over the edge and plummeted head-downward into the water. about a second later, Ruth's boogie board shot up like 5 feet in the air. On one of the other waves that was sort of like a cliff that we did catch, I went over the cliff and sort of bounced off the water at the bottom. When Ruth and I both catch a wave, we like to lean towards each other and "link up" by holding on to each other's boogie boards. once there was a big wave that we both caught, and I was leaning over, getting ready to link up with Ruth, when my boogie board shot out from under me. It happened right when I had grabbed her boogie board, so I was still hanging on after I lost my boogie board. And believe it or not, I caught that wave feeling like a sidecar of a motorcycle holding on to Ruth's boogie board.

2 comments:

Chavez Cheetah said...

Andy, your post reminds me of going to the beach when I was a kid. You and Ruth will remember riding boogie boards together when you get older; you're obviously a good brother.

Mr. Monley

Andy said...

Thanks Mr. Monley! I love being a kid but there are a lot of reasons (like having childhood memories)that make me look forward to becoming a grown-up.