Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Making Masks

Well, this is our second day in Chicago, unless you count the half day at the beginning. It's sort of a tradition to make clay masks at my grandma's house, and so she has a whole bunch of neat homemade masks made by my relatives hanging on her dining room wall. Ruth and I each made one last year, but we didn't like them that much, so this year we're making new ones. I just finished making mine, but I haven't painted it yet. I was going to make a evil guy, but it just turned out to be a chubby guy with a mustache. Grandma's house is way more interesting then ours. She's an artist, and she makes lots of great paintings and hangs them on every inch of wall she can find. She has been living here for a long time, and if you dig around in the basement you can find all sorts of cool stuff. I found an old-fashioned shock ring that vibrates when you shake someone's hand, the change machine my dad used when he ran an ice cream truck, and treasure like that. I've been petting Grandma's dog Zoey a lot, as usual, we went to the art institute yesterday, and we ate lunch at at a little park next to the art institute form the same place we ate at last year (the same park, even!), Max's takeout. Here is a link to the blog entry I made last year when we ate at Max's Takeout: LINK

No comments: